This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links allow BasicallyBrett to earn commissions on products we recommend. All opinions are our own.
There are people who know me well, who have never seen me go a day without makeup. Okay, so this might be a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. I love makeup. I love how it looks, and more importantly I love how it makes me feel about myself.
Now that said, honestly as much as I hate to admit it, I’m no makeup guru. I’m broke and can’t afford nice, high-end products, and I’m talentless, and find it challenging to apply in a way that doesn’t make my face look over done and horrifying. We all know that #feel when you get done perfecting your makeup and then you catch a glimpse of yourself in the sunlight and realize you weren’t using the right lighting…
Anyways, through all of my beauty struggles I’ve finally found a set of products and routine that’s easy and cheap enough that it works for me! So below I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite beauty products and Brands.
ColourPop Cosmetics is my personal favorite, and most frequently used makeup brand. At $6 a Lippie and $8 for a palette of Highlighter, ColourPop is more than affordable. ColourPop’s products are often come in fun or everyday shades and are easy to apply.
You really can’t go wrong with this brand.
GlamBot is not a brand in itself but it’s a site where users can buy and sell unused makeup, for discounted prices. GlamBot features many popular brands like Too Faced, the Balm, MAC, and Urban Decay. With cheaper prices, GlamBot is a great option for those of us on a budget.
Products I love:
1. ColourPop Highlighter: Wisp: Colourpop’s Highlighters have a creme consistency that makes them easy to apply using your fingers – that’s right, you don’t even have to break out a brush for this one! This shade is light enough that it works perfectly for fair skin, and enough glitter to leave you glowing.
2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, Amsterdam: NYX is another one of my favorite affordable brands. Their Soft Matte Lip Cream is absolutely to die for! It goes on so easily and the pigment is stunning! This is one of my favorite everyday shades, but honestly I own this formula in almost every shade, you really can’t go wrong.
3. NYX Felt Tip Liner, Extreme Black: Anyone who knows me, knows I take my eyeliner seriously. I wear winged eyeliner usually at least five out of seven days of the week. My eyeliner needs be well pigmented, easy to apply, and long lasting. And wow NYX does not disappoint with this one. This eyeliner lasts all day for me, even in pouring rain (trust me, I know.) And at about $8, you really can’t go wrong.
4. The Balm La Balmba Eyeshadow Palette Vol. 1: The Balm is a really fun makeup, with their themed packaging, and high quality products. This is one of my favorite 4 shade eyeshadow palettes because of the nice neutral shades, and how well they work together. I especially like the green shade in this palette.
5. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured – Moonstone: Okay so raise your hand if you’re kinda obsessed with highlighter. Yeah, me too. BECCA has some of my favorite highlighters and this is just one example. With a light shimmering powder, Moonstone is perfect for fair skin and will leave you glowing.
6. Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette: Okay, if you know anything about makeup, you know that you can’t go wrong with a Naked Palette. This palette is a must have, and at a little bit over $20 it’s pretty much a steal too.
7. stila Huger Than Huge Extreme Lash Duo Set: Every girl needs to have a go to mascara right? Stila’s mascara is first in line for me. It makes your lashes appear fuller and longer without clumping and globbing up like most mascaras do.
8. ColourPop Lippie: Sweet Thing: Okay, fact: I love all of ColourPop’s Lip products. But something extra needs to be said about their Lippie Stix. Hydrating and easy to apply in just a swipe, these Lippies are comfortable and cute to wear all day, for any occasion. They come in many different shades, this just happens to be another one of my favorites, if you’re going for an everyday look!
9. NYX glitz Total Control Drop Foundation- TCDF vanilla: Surprise, surprise: yet another NYX product! NYX Drop Foundation is basically a gift from God. This is not an exaggeration. Feeling casual and don’t want a full face of makeup? Just blend a few drops over your face and boom! You’re good to go. This formula is lightweight and comfortable. Giving your skin an airbrushed look and feel once applied. It also helps to smooth out blemishes, and makes you look and feel beautiful!
10. NYX Cosmetics Professional Makeup Gotcha Covered Concealer, GCC05 Medium Olive, 0.27 Fluid Ounce: I have to say I always doubted concealer. I have bad enough skin that one product can’t possibly hide it all. But NYX proved me wrong. This full coverage concealer is perfect, lightweight and can handle anything.
Did I leave out any of your go-to makeup products?? Let me know!